Tuesday, December 13, 2005

2005 and my MBA prospects...

I gess all the MBA entrances this year will again shut their doors on me just as IIFT did today - just a very terse reply - not selected for GD/PI...now wat does that supp to mean? Somethin which i dont like about these colleges - they dont have proper sense of management themselves...now another thing which i heard on PG today - 'O well I got thru IIFT and yea I was pretty sure the cutoff will be in the range of 30-31...about 5 to 10 marks less than what the institutes have predicted'...oh yeah? Well I'll be damned if I havent heard one of those before...n yea - to think of it...after a nice exam i had had at St Joseph's...i am supposed to believe that my score is in the sub 30's...i very well refuse to admit that...

Why does my belief in these MBA entrances seem to be diminishin day by day - just coz i cant make it...naah..but just coz those who make it just seem to be havin their luck shining that day...either in terms of rockin speed - say like crackin all da questions in the paper in the allotted time...or a perfect bulls eye accuracy...or just like an 'in-pin-safety-pin'...and IIM is where i finally land in! No seriously, I will be happier now the day the entrance exam procedure becomes more transparent, more specific...n not just ranged over a wide range of topics as they say - 'a good mix of acads, work-ex, CAT score, blah blah...'The IIMs have already taken the first step forward by declaring the negative marking this year - something which they hadnt done i guess from when CAT had started being conducted...

Howeva the day wasnt so bad today - with the Time Management Workshop training for the full day, again taken by the eloquent Communication Skills teacher(ahem..an XIMB graduate)...did get to learn a lot though it turned monotonous in between...but it was better than sitin bekaar the full day...n here I am..havin just come from a friend's mini bday celeb...typin speedily so dat i can leave for today from office...

Anyway-the only exam which had gone gud for me in the 3 bygone exams has shown no mercy for this individual editin the blog - MBA prospects have been indeed bad for me in the year 2005...I dont know what the next year has in store for me...have stopped expecting things, but yes there is always a difference between what i expect and what i wish for...

People out here must damn well be knowin bout my wishes...

No comments: