Thursday, November 03, 2005

Dedications to this lonely Diwali...

Those of you who are wondering why the title ‘lonely diwali’ – well, diwali is certainly not very entertaining and lively for all – especially for those who do have holidays, but do not go home as they have a hoard of management exams approachin, and their scores in da mocks only seem to be dippin further down – and well, when 90 percent of their roommates leave for their homes and they cant – and when it’s a bright shiny diwali day and da visit to the nearby ATM yields null as their salaries havent yet been credited into their accounts- also when they spend the nite all alone watchin Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani on TV(now dats a switch- don’t remember havin seen one from ages), n plus a nite where the current goes twice on account of a stormy nite…

Ooh la la – dats Diwali there!!

Basically it was the same for all the people around – cudnt even sit in peace at a place due to the fireworks goin on in all directions – especially those rite outside the window, one side of which I was sitting in order to get some entertainment through Shah Rukh and Juhi…no big deal…isnt Ganesh the same way for Goans- when we don’t let even a single soul in the locality rest in peace – yes let the children enjoy their holidays, and da teenagers their free time – coz they aint getin ne later in their life, especially if they enter IT world…

Da absence of the salary realli stung me yest’day though – had to withdraw from the existing balance, which seemed like a beggars account, after havin donated funds to da likes of XL, FMS etc etc…except this time the etc doesn’t lead to much as I really don’t wanna flood da treasuries of more b-schools…Tot I’d buy a nice book instead – so picked Five Points Someone from the roadside – a friend had suggested I go thru it, as it depicted da life story of someone I cud neva be in life – an IITian…of course showin da truth of how da life in those institutes is…

Wid around 15 days to go, I don’t have much to say – except dat I keep tellin guys I shall give it my best shot, which sometimes is just not enugh to sail u thru…howeva a recent friend of mine wid whom I met day b4 yest encouraged me to some respectable extent – to say da guy is real gud at da mocks wud be an understatement…but me hapi dat I found a nice friend in him…

Retiring from the blog for 2day…spent an extra 2 hours at office, inspite of havin nutin much to do…but I am not very sure where the fatigue comes from – physical coz the responsibility at office can turn massive, or fear dat da whole cycle which happened post-July this year will repeat nxt year…Maybe only dat keeps me lookin ahead and not think of givn up…

No comments: