Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Achchha ulluu banaaya!!

If you guys wondering what this post is all about - well - u gotto read till the very end.

We had one hell of a time with Deepa in Bangalore...especially during this week and the weekend which just passed...with loads of shopping...me buying jeans, a Denim shirt..and Deepa buying a nice T-shirt for her cuzin...selected by yours truly...

Jan 24th...one day before our dear friend Deepa was to be leaving for Pune - what was planned was a nice gift - a reallll cute teddy bear soft toy...which we knew she wud adore...more than nethin else. (I can imagine Shweta's tears to be givin away that teddy - are u readin this Shweta? hehe!!)...well this just starts the whole thing...

Jan 24th nite...a dinner planned to bid farewell to Deepa for hre trip to Pune...venue - Lemon Grass, restaurant in Jakassandra...the first appearance of the restaurant was great...altho the latter experience with da food etc wasnt so pleasing...Lemon Grass was bound to be more fun as our whole group was supposed to meet. By around 9, all of us had arrived...me and my friend hiding Deepa's gift. I dint know that my friends were goin to get a cake for Deepa too, and was surprised to see it - made a face at my friend for not havin told me bout it in the first place.

After the usual gupshup, of course, the cake had to be cut. The covers were thrown open, and what do i see - low and behold - 'Happny Birthday Ashish'....(for those of you who dont know, my bday is on Friday this week)... I was really taken by surprise...and shud admit that I would have neva guessed what was cookin up these guys' sleeves. To add to it, there were some marvellous cards from da 2 gals, and the biggest surprise of all, a gift - guess wat - the same T-shirt I had selected for Deepa's so-called 'cousin'...

Yup - too much...i know...seems to be a re-run of Bluffmaster's ending - indeed was feelin like AB junior, as he runs through after havin found out the truth at the end...I was literally overwhelmed...had neva been surprised in this way..but it was certainly very very nice of all my friends to have brought it this way. Thank you guys...for each and every moment of yesterday evening....I know it has been special for all of us...

Of course what followed was a nice dinner - (leave the food aside)...and Deepa's teddy gift to end with...















One of the best birthdays I have had ever - and guess wat - it isnt even done with as yet...!!!

No comments: