Friday, March 24, 2006

A N N I V E R S A R Y

Just realized this a week back when i was surfin thru da previous posts - cant believe I have been into blogging since 365 days now...of course - it has had its ups and downs - especially when I have had no time to blog at all - or there have been reasons why I couldnt blog (like now sometimes its very tough)...those who know me closely can understand y...

Was thinkin today morning wat would I edit in da blog today - some days back I heard from a buddy dat bloggins is used by most people in order to vent their frustrations at their work place in terms of words, and thus make an attempt to escape from their own stress problems by expressing themselves to others - personally, or non-personally. Of course it depends on da amount of people reading the blog...(smile)...

Yea - da life of a software engineer sucks big time - especially if one were to visit dat part of my company where yours truly sits...one would understand what makes up most of a programmer's life...programmer i can say coz majority of da people out here are from my team, involved in large scale, back-end programmin work (reasons for the shivers when front-end work is concerned...bluddy one doesnt even understand da simple forms u come across, n its real tough tallyin them to da back-end data)...somehow my 'brave' teammate pals seem to work it out well - n they arent even qualified com'puke'ter engi'nerds'...dey have a degree in electronics...again I would say - neone would be qualified to do coding - he just needs to get a good hand at the syntax, and should be good at logical flow...why, in a few months I seem to be coding well too...of course besides the fact dat the outer shell of the program (this holds true for a lot of software engineers as far as I have noticed)...is totally concerned with 'programmin hai waste - believe in ...yawn...u r smart enough to know wat...'...

Coming back to the point...of course till now I have used da blog to only list down my experiences in day-to-day life, and not for looking at da screen with fuming nostrils and banging away on da keyboard...though I have my own score to settle with my superiors, and of course, da great software industry, of which me and most of my readers are part of - (If you arent, then you are safe)...I had heard at a point dat blogging was started by people who felt they needed to express themselves out to da world, so that they have some earthly 'fans' whom they dint know too...and who visited their webpage now and den...feelin happy dat they have found 'another of their kind'...it mite be dat I started off blogging for the same reason, and of course hosting it on Orkut, Pagalguy, and some other places - so dat like minded people would come and share thoughts with me thru comments and so on...

Things still to be implemented on my webpage - a hit counter (this is for people who read and dont comment - maybe dey will receive a pop-up message too, in case they spend more than 'x' time goin thru any webpage in my blog, and leave no comments for me to find that that dey 'DID' visit my webpage..., also shall be putting up a list of webpages and blogs I visit on da net, including some of my own friends' blogs...want to edit my profile too properly...of course all this wen I have da time and space..maybe I shall try these things wen I leave for Goa next week...

Till then guys - happy blogging!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi ashish..
always wanted to tell u..nice way of writing...
i usually end up telling u that i have read ur blog...thought i'll leave a comment today.. :)