Friday, December 02, 2005

How a software engineer matures...

Posting this after a long nite yesterday, and a late good morning from all my friends today…yea…it was some good amount of ‘work’ time…but not that I actually did a lot of work…yesterday was da delivery of my first object to the client. Yeah the object had been finished long back, but it had got delayed kinda due to other stuff with higher priority…mine n my pal Krishna’s object release was yesterday…so well – it was a long nite with the PL(Project Leader) and da TL(Tech Lead)…

Not all dat boring…pretty managed to enjoy myself coz of the great smiling faces of both of them…n the jokes which were cracked in betn the testing and the other procedures…was more of testing yesterday, my mentor was nice enugh to take the lead to prepare the Test Plan document for me – of course I helped him in every possible way…but it were his fingers which moved along da keypad…

Of course after all hoch-poch I finally embarked on my journey to the room at 2 AM in da cab – yea knowin that I will sleep a lot, but not knowin that I will sleep till 9:30 am today…2 and a half hours more than the normal sleep which I been havin these days…reached office todat at 11:30 am…Krishna of course came much later…at around 2:30 – dats a small while ago…was shocked to hear that he left at 6! Dats a full nite’s sleep gone…so well – truths of a software engineer which I had heard finally do turn out true…so indeed do people break their backs and ruin their sleeps for meeting the deadlines of the clients…of course it only meant yesterday that they werent kinda met as one object wud have been released today…don’t know how much it wud cost them this thing…maybe a fortune…but Pfizer finally doesn’t turn out to be zero defect error leakage after all…

Finally the points in my life have come when the transition of the boy to man have begun…when the midnite oil burns for more specific reasons…where I start returnin late for more relevant stuff, other than nite outs with friends, parties etc…of course those will always be part of life…but kinda responsibilities make u feel more broad-shouldered, more a part of the mature junta in the world…it feels like u have actually entered the corporate world..

Of course my choice of what I want to do in life, and what I want to get from it doesn’t end here…blog, lets hope me n u share this journey togetha 4 all da days to come…

No comments: