Monday, December 26, 2005

Things I had missed for long...

Two things which had been missed for long finally culminated in the weekend, the visit to Iskcon in Vijaynagar...and the arrival of my new cell - an E398 Motorola black beauty...have no words to describe either - the former coz it was simply amazingly done...and the latter coz well, had analyzed and wished for this piece from quite some time now...finally it was in my hands...

Iskcon - International Society for Krishna Consciousness...this was one place I had had a kind of not so nice experience with at Mumbai, the reason I can explain well now I think...the temple at Mumbai simply seemed to be cluttered a lot...it was definitely smaller, and all things seemed to be at one place...heard yesterday that the Delhi and Bangalore ones are bigger and better...and yeah it was certainly true...the temple was well planned out, with a huge winding kinda stairway, which led to the insides from the entrance to complete the normal formalities like keeping the shoes or the bags and then led all the way up the hill to the actual temples (of course the place was flooded with people, and we took some time in the queues)...3 temples which we saw - the Prahlad Narsimha one, the Govinda one and of course the main Krishna temple right on top...the interiors of the third place were amazing - of course I couldnt capture them on my new phones...it seemed logical too...coz the beauty of the place could be felt and appreciated only after having visited it...

Of course the things which I had hated in Mumbai seemed to persist in Bangalore too...commercialization of the entire thing...people making good business by opening food stalls ,so much so that there was even a restaurant down...but of couse the place wasnt as noisy as it was in Mumbai, where the singing etc seemed to disturb the holy atmosphere instead of making it more divine...(strictly a personal opinion)...somehow being such a staunch Krishna bhakt, I dint seem to like the place as much at Mumbai as I did yesterday here...this experience was altogetha somethin different...the place was indeed far from the place where we stayed here...but evrythin was worth it...n plus, the second objective of visiting my school friends was justified too...

The phone, as i had expected was a beauty...hearty thanks to the person who bought it from the company, and of course to my friend who got it from her this Saturday...I think this would be the best place to thank them...I still have to experiment a lot with the phone and get used to all its features etc - howeva the blog would of course now be looking better which pictures from my day-to-day life...the camera isnt exactly what evryone calls a good one...but the photos are good enugh...

Dont have much time now, so just jotted the above quickly...some amount of work, and more experimentation with da new phone...tada for now..!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

U really write well... its fun reading ur blog... :)

The Fall Guy !!! said...

Hey Ashish,its really entertaining to go through ur blogs. I think I will admit 2 things after reading ur blogs :-

i) I have not read all ur blogs,but so far whatever I read really found it interesting.

ii) It has inspired me to write blogs also.

Why I say ur blogs are interesting,bcoz u have highlighted the harder and softer moments of ur life in a well-balanced manner. So keep going mate...Kudos to ya !

thekcblogger said...

hare krishna ashish

im sorry you felt you had bad experiences @iskcon mumbai. may i recommend that you visit the chowpatty temple in mumbai. the experience will be fantastic. it is a small train ride away. i once made the journey there from the ISKCON mumbai temple and it was quite short.

please do visit and you will be amazed. website: http://www.radhagopinath.com/

your das,

thekcblogger

Gary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gary said...

Hi ashish..Nice blog
I had interacted with u on pagalguy abt a year ago..remember