Monday, December 26, 2005

Nostalgia...

The reason I am writing this post late is simple - I FGOT...else i wud have got to tell a lot more bout how i enjoyed in Goa in da last week - enjoyed in da sense, in my words, spent time with parents...something which I had been waiting for since long..so much so that when i came back on thursday evening, the nite was too lonely in the pg...my roommate too had left for his native place on his leave - so no one to talk to...so ultimately landed up spending the next 2 days reading and in fact, finishing books...

One of the most memorable things which happened last week was my first flite journey...it was possible coz i cud get the flite ticket for less, but dat was not due to the continuous monitoring of the websites i had done in the last 2 months to catch a sudden decrease in the prices...the agent who booked the ticket himself neva came to know the fact that I would be getting it for less - so you can say it was my good luck...not so endearing though, as the Air Deccan plane was indeed small, appearing small even to the Spice Jet plane which i happened to see before my own flite...certain things i wanted to do during the flite - look around, of course have a nice look at the air hostesses(alas...they werent all good to look at - there were only 2, and it seemed they were packaged beautifully in order to sell you off evrythin they came to you with - lets add a disclaimer note here - Air Deccan charges for eatables online, dat also with prices befitting that of a king's palace! I think this is one thing which was outrageous...though I wasnt hungry so dint need them...

The 2 most important moments during the flight were of course the take off and the landing...the take off which took all the cake, feeling the pull of gravity when the plane attained a huge speed and then took left the earth all of a sudden...dat was wonderful to describe...surely some of the people around me had experienced it before(could make out from their sleepy faces in the latter half of the flite)...but during this moment, everyone tried to grasp the feeling of flying...I think this is one moment all people should get to enjoy...one of the best moments in life i should say...

The flight i should say was one of the most comfy journeys i had had ever...some of the best things to describe were we hovering above the clouds...and the silver lining of the clouds(as we normaly phrase it) enjoyable to all. Coming to landing - uh,oh...realized one thing...I had noticed when we took off...nice valleys and picturesque scenes of my own native land - Goa...what i realized when landing was that the scene was one of the most ugly ones i had seen in recent times...one nice swerve by the plane, and the city emerged like the gameboard of a game we used to play when we were small...filling those spaces with white cubicles...Bangalore was appearing at its worst...and for a second I couldnt understand how I was staying in this place! Why had I even left my own heaven to come and live in this so very polluted, densely populated city? No answers for this - as there are no much choices I have as of now...maybe when IT progresses in Goa I can answer it - again a vicious circle...I dont want that to happen, as Goa might start assuming the fearful face of Bangalore, with cubicle like houses etc etc...maybe Goa would now be best after retirement itself...

Some of the good things were - my nice holiday hadnt been disturbed by aching exam results, or tensions of any other sort...there arent any sort of expectations coz I know there isnt any reason to expect, but the worries persist...howeva all that seemes so good in the holiday was short-lived...I cant get huge holidays when I am on a casual leave of course...there were some moments when, lying on my bed in Goa, I would think 'hell...I gotto return too'...but I got over them soon...now sitting in my cubicle and writing down my diary entries..i can imagine how soon I will be back to my own self...my own place - back to Goa...

No comments: